BRUSSELS SPROUTS // vitamin c packed
Vitamin C is essential for normal growth and development. The nutrient keeps your immune system strong and helps maintain the health of your skin, teeth and gums.
Vitamin C protects your cells from damage as well, which can reduce your risk of heart disease and cancer.
A 1/2 cup serving of brussels sprouts contains 48.4 milligrams of vitamin c, which is about 50% of what men need each day and about 65% of what women need on a daily basis.
I am so happy to post the recipe for one of my most favorite side dishes. It is always a crowd-pleaser and my most favorite part — when someone asks for the recipe.
I am always looking to find ways to boost my immune system (since mine sucks!) instead of trying to repair it.
I am sure we all have our rituals to what we do when we feel a cold coming along. Mine used to be just simply pounding vitamin C chewables, orange juice and lots of water. But instead of pounding that vitamin C when it’s already too late, why not boost the immune system when you’re feeling fab? Why only help the body out when it’s under the weather?
Ever since I was diagnosed with Celiac disease I made it a passion to boost my immune system; I am extremely driven to never get sick again! The more research I have done, the more foods I am finding that have vitamin c in them!
A FEW TO NAME:
When I am sick, I guarantee you I won’t be craving a bowl of brussels sprouts so that is why it is key to ingest these immune boosters when you’re feeling tip top!
The goal is to maintain my health, not repair it!
For those of you who want to stay on top of your immune system or just want a delicious recipe, here you go!
LEMON-Y BRUSSELS SPROUTS
brussels sprouts cut in halves
3 tbs grapeseed oil
3 cloves garlic
S + PP to taste
- Cut the bottoms off of the brussies and then cut in halves, place into saute pan
- Once all brussies are cut up, add oil and turn to medium heat
- Add your salt, pepper and garlic
- Once the brussies start turning to a light green and softening, turn the heat to low, add the juice of one lemon (zest, too if you’re feeling fancy) and the candied pecans. If you can’t find candied pecans, use regular pecans and add 1-2 tbs of brown sugar.
- Cook on low until you are ready to serve dinner
131 DAYS IMMUNE SYSTEM HEALTHY!