PEACHES // the zen fruit
Peaches are often referred to as the “Fruit of Calmness” in Hungary.
Peaches are a healthy stress-reliever that help reduce anxiety. Who new something so tasty could be so beneficial?
There are two things that I love so much…summer salads and peach season! Today’s salad basically encompasses both of my loves and it’s also a crowd -pleaser.
Who doesn’t love something cool and refreshing during the Houston melt-fest that is our summer?
This past weekend, I got to spend sometime with my family at the beach which was so nice but we all couldn’t help to notice that even the nice coastal breeze was hot! When we were planning dinner, all we were craving was light and refreshing. I knew it was a great time to whip out this salad recipe.
I am a big fan of simple recipes and quick to whip up –this salad is definitely those things. If you’re in the market for a new summer salad, see below!
PEACH SUMMER SALAD
2 heirloom tomatoes
1 ball of mozzarella di bufala
1 small bundle of basil
6-8 slices of proscuitto
2 heads of greens of your choosing (I now have used kale, arugula and spinach)
1/4 cup EVOO
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Rinse and dry the lettuce and rip larger leaves in shreds
- Slice the peaches and tomatoes into wedges
- Assemble the salad by laying the lettuce down on the bottom, scatter the peaches and tomatoes over the lettuce
- Tear the mozzarella over the salad
- Spread the basil over the salad
- Lay slices of prosciutto throughout the salad
- To make the dressing, whisk together the EVOO and balsamic vinegar
- Drizzle desired amount on top of the salad
169 DAYS IMMUNE SYSTEM HEALTHY!